A Brief History
Since its founding in 1902 by the Rt. Rev. James B. Funsten, St. Luke’s has been committed to serving the needs of a growing region. Over the years, the community has responded with a strong, local commitment to the medical center. As the demand for health care has grown, so has the scope of St. Luke’s services. Once a simple, six-bed hospital, St. Luke’s Health System is now Idaho’s largest health care provider, with four full-service hospitals and more than 25 outpatient treatment facilities and clinics. With 970 physicians on it's medical staff and 7,400 employees, we serve more than 500,000 patients each year from throughout Idaho and the six adjoining states.
To help enhance medical services for people in our outlying communities, St. Luke’s has forged a variety of partnerships and affiliations with other health care facilities in our region. From McCall to Challis, St. Luke’s provides assistance with everything from administrative duties to onsite clinical care.