Ways to Give
CARES Wish List
Thank you for considering a donation to CARES (Children at Risk Evaluation Services). With the support of generous donors, we are able to offer much needed basic necessities and enriching activities for our patients.
Trained specialists at CARES provide medical examinations, conduct and record forensic interviews and psycho-social assessments to help in the investigation process of alleged abuse. The CARES team also provides medical medical treatment and follow-up referrals as needed. Learn more about CARES.
Listed below are suggestions of items needed by CARES:
- Children's clothing of all types and all sizes, from infant to adolescent. Of great need are sweat shirts and sweat pants.
- Stuffed animals
- Toothbrushes (for all pediatric stages), dental floss, and toothpaste
- Hygiene items such as personal grooming, hair care, etc.
Other Priority Needs
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Coloring books
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Arts and crafts kits
- Reading books, crossword puzzles, and writing journals for adolescents
- LeapPad brand books and cartridges
- Child-appropriate movies such as Dragon Tales, Clifford, Veggie Tales, etc.
- Lego sets (large size legos)
- Toy cars
Restrictions for Donated Items
For safety and infection control reasons, please donate only new items that are washable, nontoxic, and not easily broken. We are unable to accept used clothing, used toys, or toys that represent violence. Please do not gift wrap your donations. Thank you!