Real-World Experience for Tomorrow's Health Care Leaders
Student Opportunities at St. Luke's
At St. Luke's, we know the powerful impact real-life experience has on students' learning, growth, and commitment to excellence in their future career. We welcome a wide variety of students to train and observe at our hospitals and clinics. Working in partnership with students, their teachers, and their schools provides meaningful and pertinent experiences to serve their educational goals.
Each year, St. Luke's places hundreds of students in our many departments, and we contribute thousands of hours toward teaching future healthcare providers. Because patient safety and quality patient care are our number one priority, it is extremely important that all students complete the process below before coming to St. Luke's.
For rotations at any of these locations please follow instructions listed below.
- St. Luke's Boise
- St. Luke's Meridian
- St. Luke's Magic Valley
- St. Luke's Jerome
- St. Luke's Wood River
- St. Luke's McCall
- St. Luke's Eagle
- Eastern Oregon Medical Associates
- Saltzer Medical Group
- Elmore/ Mountain Home
How to Apply
*If you are a MSW student you must complete the Social Work Department Application, located in the column to the left, prior to completing the steps below. This application must be returned to the Social Work Department.
* Medical, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistant Students must submit a photo headshot with a blue or white background in JPEG format for a St. Luke's student ID badge at the time you submit your application.
* PA students must submit Registration with Idaho Board of Medicine at the time you submit your application.
Participation in a clinical experience at St. Luke's requires these steps:
- You or your clinical coordinator/instructor are responsible for arranging your clinical rotation and/or observation hours. Student Services does not provide this service.
- Once a rotation is in place, please contact us to verify that St. Luke's has an educational affiliation agreement with your school.
- To begin your rotation at St. Luke's you must complete the following requirements 3 weeks prior to your start date. Please choose from one of the following applications:
- Once we receive your application, your online orientation instructions will be emailed to you. Please follow these instructions immediately, in order to expedite your clinical rotation.
- When all of your documents have been submitted, we will send you a confirmation email informing you
Every student must prominently display a proper St. Luke's Health System identification badge at all times while at a St. Luke's facility.
Our dress code for students is business casual. For students involved in direct patient care, scrubs with closed-toe shoes are an appropriate alternative to business casual dress.
Click here to view and print maps of St. Luke's Medical Centers.
Click here to view all St. Luke's Clinics by specialty.
Click her to view all St. Luke's Triage Codes.
Click her to view all St. Luke's Parking Policies.