Real-World Experience for Tomorrow's Health Care Leaders
Student Opportunities at St. Luke's
For rotations at any of these locations please follow instructions listed below.
- St. Luke's Boise
- St. Luke's Meridian
- St. Luke's Magic Valley
- St. Luke's Jerome
- St. Luke's Wood River
- St. Luke's McCall
- St. Luke's Eagle
- Eastern Oregon Medical Associates
- Saltzer Medical Group
- Elmore/ Mountain Home
At St. Luke's, we know the powerful impact real-life experience has on students' learning, growth, and commitment to excellence in their future career. We welcome a wide variety of students to train and observe at our hospitals and clinics, working in partnership with them, their teachers, and their schools to provide meaningful and pertinent experiences and serve their educational goals.
Each year, St. Luke's places hundreds of students in our many departments, and we contribute thousands of hours toward teaching future healthcare providers. Because patient safety and quality patient care are our number one priority, it is extremely important that all students complete the process below before coming to St. Luke's.
Follow the steps listed below, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
St. Luke's Student Services
How to Apply
*If you are a MSW student you must complete the Social Work Department Application, located in the column to the left, prior to completing the steps below.
* Medical and Physician Assistant Students must submit a photo headshot with a blue or white background in JPEG format for a St. Luke's student ID badge.
*If you are an NP, PA or Medical student, you may be required to take our EPIC training, depending on your rotation. We will notify you in our instructional email, (step 5) if you are required to take this training. Please note, EPIC trainings are only on Mondays from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Participation in a clinical experience at St. Luke's requires these steps:
You or your clinical coordinator/instructor are responsible for arranging your clinical rotation and/or observation hours.
Once a rotation is in place, please contact us to verify that St. Luke's has an educational affiliation agreement with your school.
- To begin your rotation at St. Luke's you must complete the following requirements 3 weeks prior your start date. Please choose from one of the following applications.
Please complete and save the pdf, and attach it to an email addressed to: email@example.com
- Standards of Performance; print and sign page 27 of this booklet. We require your actual handwritten signature on this document. By reading and signing St. Luke's Standards of Performance, students certify that they understand the behaviors expected of them as a part of the St. Luke's Team. The last page is an agreement and commitment to uphold the standards and values of the organization.
- When we have received your application and page 27 of the Standards of Performance, we will send you an instructional email on how to access Sumtotal, our online orientation. These orientation modules are required to be completed 3 weeks prior to the start of your rotation.
- Once your online orientation is complete, print out your Sumtotal transcripts and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 208-381-1508.
- When all of your documents have been submitted, we will send you a confirmation email informing you that you have met the requirements and are able to obtain your student ID badge and parking pass.
Every student must prominently display a proper St. Luke's Health System identification badge at all times while at a St. Luke's facility.
Our dress code for students is business casual. For students involved in direct patient care, scrubs with closed-toe shoes are an appropriate alternative to business casual dress.
Click here to view and print maps of St. Luke's Medical Centers.
Click here to view all St. Luke's Clinics by specialty.
Click her to view all St. Luke's Triage Codes.
Click her to view all St. Luke's Parking Policies.