St. Luke's Transfer Center
Immediately available for consultation, referral, or transfer requests:
St. Luke's Transfer Center is designed to streamline access to physicians and services at St. Luke's. Single access point 24/7 for all patient transfers by calling one phone number. Your call can be directly linked to the physician or service you need, and when necessary, transport can be arranged.
- Single access point 24/7 for all patient transfers by calling one phone number
- Quick connection to on-call physician specialists for transfer or consultation
- Ability to conference in multiple patient care and transport leads into one call (i.e., sending, admitting, and consulting physicians, nursing, tech, and transport)
- Patients transfer into/out of any St. Luke's, and direct admits from outpatient clinics
- Coordination of emergency transport by ground, airplane, or helicopter
- St. Luke's Transfer Center staffed by RNs 24/7
- Dedicated medical director available 24/7
- Dedicated surgicalist and adult orthopedic specialists available 24/7
- For St. Luke's Clinic providers, get real-time access to hospital unclaimed on-call schedules for St. Luke's Boise and Meridian, available through the Intranet and Dashboard
St. Luke's Clinic providers, please see real-time access to hospital unclaimed on-call schedules for St. Luke's Boise and Meridian, available through the Intranet and Dashboard.
- Your name and call-back number
- Patient Information:
- Date of birth
- Location (facility name, unit/room number)
- Type of care needed
- Referring provider name and call-back number
- Preferred receiving facility
- Preferred method of transport
- Patient Transfer Checklist (PDF)
What we will do:
- Facilitate your calls, make arrangements for your patient, and assist with transfer planning
- Conference in multiple patient care and transport leads into one call (i.e., sending, admitting, and consulting physicians, nursing, tech, and transport)
- Make arrangements for appropriate bed assignments
- Communicate special care and/or emergent needs
- Provide guidance regarding transfer preparation
- Coordinate appropriate transportation – ground, airplane, or helicopter
- Update referring and receiving staff
- Provide contact number for nursing report
- Promote admitting physician follow-up with the referring provider
Please send to receiving facility, with your patient:
- Copy of pertinent documents such as physician and nursing records, medication record, diagnostic images, slides, etc.
- Call nursing report to receiving unit
Online Physician Directory
In a non-emergent situation, if you would prefer to contact the physician directly to refer your patient, please use our NEW online physician referral directory to find a physician to contact by name, location, or specialty.
Children's Specialty Center Referral Guide
In a non-emergent situation, if you would like to refer a patient to a specialist at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital or St. Luke’s Children's Specialty Center, you can use our Referral Directory for Children's Specialty Services to find a physician to contact by name, location, or specialty.