Luke's Magic Valley
Community Health Improvement Fund
In keeping with its mission, “to improve the health of people in our region,” St. Luke’s Magic Valley Regional Medical Center, Ltd (SLMV) is committed to improving the health of the communities it serves. As one way to achieve that goal and also provide effective stewardship and accountability for community resources, SLMV has established a Community Health Improvement (CHI) Fund to support, fund and implement community health improvement activities. The fund was established to provide financial support to organizations or groups that are working to improve the health of people in this region. The purpose of Community Health Improvement policy and leadership is:
“St. Luke’s Magic Valley is committed to supporting, funding, and implementing collaborative community health improvement projects that improve the health status of the residents we serve.”
The Planning Committee of the SLMV Board of Directors oversees all CHIF activities, as delegated by the SLMV Board of Directors.
Funding will be considered for proposals for health-related services/activities that meet all of the following criteria:
- Are project or program-based. Benefit a geographic area served by St. Luke’s Magic Valley. Priority shall be given to the eight counties of South Central Idaho.
- Address one or more of the following community health priorities:
- Access to Care
- Adult and Teen Weight Management and Fitness
- Injury and Violence
- Behavioral Health
- All grant requests must address the cultural needs of the population served.
- Must be consistent with St. Luke’s Magic Valley mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate collaboration and coordination—not duplication—with other community organizations or
St. Luke’s services and departments. Must be able to describe actual mechanism between provider and/or organization.
- Include an evaluation component based on measurable, predicted outcomes that demonstrates program effectiveness.
It is the Contribution Committee’s policy not to approve funding for the following:
- Political activities of any kind
- Construction costs or capital campaigns
- Endowment programs
- Project requests for more than $20,000
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have current 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax-exempt status under IRS Code Section 170, or be a governmental agency/department or public educational institution
- Operate under written articles of incorporation and by-laws or other written documents or statutes that define the applicant’s purposes, membership, management and operation.
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis in employment, recruitment of volunteers and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate effective program performance and financial responsibility and accountability.
- Contributions shall be used solely for the requested purpose. Funded activities shall commence in a timely manner.
- Recipients shall give appropriate acknowledgment to St. Luke’s Magic Valley in all promotional materials, activities and programs funded by the CHI Fund.
- Recipients shall submit a project performance report indicating the actual use of the funds and the results of the project on a quarterly basis.
How to Apply
- Review these application guidelines listed above and download the Word document version of the application.
Download the Application Form
- Complete the application and gather the required attachments.
- Email the completed application and attachments as WORD attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject field of the email header, type “CHI-Fund Application (Note: emailed applications are preferred, however, in the event of technical difficulties, paper applications may be sent to the address listed below. Please call 208-814-0022 to confirm receipt of application).
- Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on March 11, 2015. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Jody Tremblay, Community Relations Director
Community Health Improvement Fund
St. Luke’s Magic Valley
P.O. Box 409, Twin Falls, ID 83303
Email: email@example.com Phone: (208) 814-0014