Become at volunteer at St. Luke’s Magic Valley or St. Luke’s Jerome and make a difference every day in the lives of others. As a volunteer, you’ll help make St. Luke’s a friendly, warm, and welcoming place for patients and their families. Whether it’s a happy event, like the birth of a new baby, or a stressful one, like a serious illness, you can touch the lives of others when they need you most. You’ll earn not only their trust, but the trust of our staff of care providers as well.
Everyone has something unique to offer. How about you?
How to Become a Volunteer
- Complete a volunteer application. You can pick up an application at the hospital information desk or from the Volunteer Office.
- You’ll be called for an interview. If you join our volunteer team, you’ll attend a hospital orientation and volunteer training.
- You’ll be asked to volunteer a minimum of four hours, one day a week.
What to Expect
When volunteering, you can expect to:
- Make new friends
- Develop new skills
- Enjoy interesting challenges
- Gain work experience in a medical setting
- Receive warm appreciation
- Patient visitor
- Refreshment cart hostess
- Information desk attendant
- Gift shop associate
- Clerical support
- Emergency room assistant
- Cancer center host
- Outpatient surgery hostess
- Hospice patient companion
- Volunteer chaplain
- Junior volunteer
- Pet therapy
- Volunteer at events
As a St. Luke's Magic Valley or Jerome volunteer, you’re an integral part of our healthcare team. And you’ll find that volunteering is a great way to give back to your community.
Studies show that volunteerism is a "secret ingredient" to helping people stay healthy and feel fulfilled. The social support you receive when engaging in volunteer activity is directly related to your health and sense of well-being.
“Volunteering makes me feel useful…I benefit far more than I can ever give to others in return."
Volunteer at the Medical Centers
Call: (208) 814-0861
Volunteer with Hospice
Call: (208) 814-7603
Volunteer at a Foundation Fundraising Event
Call: (208) 814-0070
St. Luke’s Magic Valley Auxiliary Board
Learn more about board leadership at St. Luke's